Sunday, June 2, 2013

Chicken Taquitos

Sundays are the only days that my husband and I both don't work. So for the most part we stay in all day or we go do something fun. Well... today we stayed in and cooked. I cooked for about two hours (mostly because I didn't know what I was doing) and the outcome was delicious.
Normally I don't like the taste of corn tortillas (I'm weird, I know) but today I just had to use them to see. My taquito recipe is inspired by this one from The Kitchn. We also served it up with a side of Spanish rice.


Chicken Taquitos



Ingredients:
3 large chicken breasts
1/2 cup shredded cheese
2 tsp of each: garlic powder, chili powder, cayene pepper, SW chipotle seasoning, paprika
1 pkg of small corn tortillas
butter
sour cream (for serving)

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Boil chicken breasts in large pot until cooked thoroughly. Shred chicken. Place the shredded chicken in a large mixing bowl. Toss with cheese and spices. Add spice to taste.
  3. On the stove heat up a medium pan. Butter and heat tortillas through
  4. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. One by one, lay the tortillas flat and place chicken mixture on one side. Roll tightly and place the taquito seam side down on the baking sheet. Repeat.
  5. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping each over half way through. They should be crispy.
  6. Serve warm with a side of salsa or sour cream with lime zest

No comments:

Post a Comment