Friday, July 5, 2013

DIY Magnet Board

It's my mom's birthday (almost) and she recently moved within her school to teach another age group meaning that it was time to decorate a whole new class room! I asked her what she wanted to decorate her room with and she said that maybe a magnet board and a mod podge letter. Maybe? Just maybe? I had to fix her maybe.
I turned dollar store kitchen ware and clearance fabric into something so cute that she will love to hang it in her classroom!




These are the supplies! Fabric, coordinating paint, ribbon and a metal cookie sheet. (Not pictured: a drill - girls can use power tools too!)

What I did first was drill two holes in the top center of the cookie sheet in the way that  I wanted it to hang. It took some time to make it all the way through it, but it wasn't bad or scary. I would recommend doing it over a sink so you don't drill into your counter... oops. 
Next I took some paint and blended it together around the edges of the sheet. I then cut and covered the center with fabric. I used spray adhesive to glue it down, but mod podge would have worked. I then covered the top of the fabric with mod podge to give it a more finished look. I put some ribbon through the holes and viola! Magnet board!


No comments:

Post a Comment