Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Poppy Seed Chicken

For my entire life there has been one constant comfort food (that isn't chocolate) that I always go back to. Poppy seed chicken is a family recipe that has been passed down through at least three generations. The first time I had it at my grandparents house, my brother and I begged my mom to make it again for us. And to this day neither of us are tired of it and we still fight over who get to crush the Ritz crackers.
With my lack of cooking skills and my record of being accident prone in the kitchen or around hot things, it's perfect. My husband enjoys it too (mostly because for once he doesn't have to cook!).


According to my mother...

Ingredients:
2 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and cut into large pieces
8 oz sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 c Ritz cracker crumbs (1 sleeve)
1 T poppy seeds
1 stick melted butter (don't use light!)

Directions:
Boil chicken till done and cut up.
Mix sour cream and soup and add chicken.
Put in 8x8 casserole dish that has been greased.
Mix crushed Ritz crumbs, butter, and seeds and sprinkle over the top.
Bake 30 minutes or until hot at 350 degrees.




You also get a bonus picture of my brother and I. Aren't we just the cutest?! :) (please note that this is from 2007... haha)




No comments:

Post a Comment