Saturday, January 26, 2013

Mod Podge Letter

So, I got married... YAY! and I have a new last initial. I wanted to make something cute but not too time consuming to celebrate this and make our new place a little homier. I had done mod podge letters many times before for my sorority sisters but had never made one for myself. And of course I went to Hobby Lobby and found the perfect pieces for this project. Time to get crafty.


 



 
For my letter, I selected a wedding photo that would fit nicely on the letter once it was cut down to size. I got a cheap print from Walgreens done so I wouldn't be using a nice print that we had ordered. 

I flipped both the letter and photo over to trace. 

I cut it out so that it wouldn't be just a cropped picture.

I chose three complimentary papers from my favorite place Hobby Lobby (they were on sale too!) and lined them up to show how much I wanted of each one.

Then again I traced around the letter and cut out the paper.

I mod podged the paper down. I would recommend using a little liquid glue too just to help the edges of the paper.

I glued down the photo and put a layer of mod podge to finish it.


1 comment:

  1. I have just found the art of mod podge again and just love the crafts!! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete