Monday, April 8, 2013

Chocolate & Peanut Butter Marble Cookies

I get a craving for peanut butter cookies every so often and it just so happens that my husband does too. We were just made for each other. And of course this craving never comes while I'm making my grocery list or in the middle of the day when it is actually an acceptable hour to bake cookies. Of course not. That's how cravings work, right?

Despite the late hour, we ran to the market to buy the peanut butter cookie mix. YES A MIX. I sometimes don't want to make the effort of REALLY baking.

But I did change things up a bit. Made these bad boys a little bit spunky. Chocolate. And like my effort towards really baking I really didn't want to melt chocolate. Solution? Hot cocoa mix. 




Ingredients:
  • PB cookie mix of your choice
  • Ingredients for your cookie mix (usually oil, water, and egg)
  • 2 pkg of hot cocoa mix or 4 Tbs of cocoa powder
  • 1 Tbs milk

Directions:
  1. Mix PB cookies according to the directions on the package
  2. Once mixed, set aside. In a small bowl, combine cocoa mix and milk together. Consistency should be that of melted chocolate (paste-like). You can add more milk if it is too thick. 
  3. Combine cocoa and pb cookie mix until just incorporated and evenly distributed.
  4. Place on non-stick cookie sheet and bake according to package. 

No comments:

Post a Comment