Monday, April 8, 2013

Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta

Mmmm... I do love me some spicy food. Not like "HOLY CRAP MY MOUTH IS ON FIRE" spicy but enough spice to make my eyes water a little. Inherited from my mother, I have the ability to withstand a fair amount of heat when it comes to food. With that being said, the one instance that my husband and I experienced made us sweat... and cry. Honey and Siracha is a lovely combination when used to coat chicken.  Just not when your friend makes it and doesn't understand the spice to sweetness ratio. OMG. Really, I cried, sweated, then drank a gallon of water. 

This "Cajun" meal comes from a tumblr that posted it on Pinterest as well. I didn't have several of the ingredients so I substituted and omitted where needed. I also ended up making a cajun seasoning instead of buying one (I'm cheap). The creaminess then the spiciness even each other out and create and perfect spring meal to eat out on your porch.




Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta
Ingredients:
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips 
  • 4 ounces linguine, cooked al dente 
  • 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning (your recipe, Cajun Seasoning Mix or store-bought) 
  • 2 tablespoons butter 
  • 1 -2 cup heavy whipping cream 
  • 1 small can of diced tomatoes, well drained
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt 
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried basil 
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper 
  • 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder 
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 



Directions:
  1. Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat. 
  2. In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. 
  3. Reduce heat add heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper and heat through. 
  4. Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment