Sunday, June 16, 2013

DIY Framed Initial

I love my mom. She's so cute. She gets on Pinterest and pins stuff that she wants. So when she pinned this from Etsy I had to make it for her birthday that's coming up. Not gonna lie, it's pretty cute. 



I gathered my supplies: wooden letter, frame, and accent pieces as well as some new paint. You will also need a poster board of sorts, a paint brush, and hot glue.

First I painted the frame, letter and little accent pieces and let them dry. Warning! Craft wood is super absorbent and it took me three coats of paint for  each piece.
I then cut and painted the poster/foam board to fit the frame and where none showed in the cut out parts of the frame.  
Then I carefully hot glued the letter to the board and then the board to the frame. I let it cool. But when it sat overnight the board had warped and I hot glued it again and now its really stuck!

**UPDATE**
I am now selling these in my Etsy shop HelloBrownlow!! I customize them just for you! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment