Thursday, July 4, 2013

DIY Hanging Dish Towel

      Happy Fourth of July! I've been very crafty over the past week or so since my husband has been away on business and I was  very bored. One thing that I had been meaning to make for quite some time was a hanging dish towel to go over the bar on our oven. The husband likes to carry dish towels over his shoulder when he cooks then just throws them wherever on the counter. That's not happening anymore!    
     This project took maybe thirty minutes to complete. And the bulk of the time was spent trying to re-thread my sewing machine... oops. 
The finished project!
   
I bought a dish towel from Target and cut it in half. It was too bulky to have it all on one thing. (One for you and one for a friend!)




I then cut a pattern of how I wanted the fabric top to look. I cut out the fabric, ironed it, and hemmed the bottom edges. 




The I sewed around the edges of the fabric with the face sides together. I couldn't get a good picture of sewing in the towel, but after you have sewn the fabric panels together and have turned it right side out, pin the cut side of the towel into the opening of the fabric creating a sort of ruffle while you pin it. Sew it down!
I then added velcro to the skinny part of the fabric and to the rounded part as well. (Just the stick on kind).And done!

No comments:

Post a Comment