Monday, December 9, 2013

Chicken and Dumplings

I definitely felt like Ree Drummond last night cooking up my chicken and dumplings. Seriously. I don't normally make things like this (especially from scratch)... my husband does. He is the one who makes most dinners. But not last night!

My triumphant meal was warm and comforting against the crazy cold wind and plummeting temps.  

It was super easy too. If I can make it - you can make it.



Chicken and Dumplings
(serves aprx. 4)

Ingredients:
2 cans chicken stock (or one box)
1 can cream of mushroom 
4-5 large chicken breasts
1 bag mixed frozen veggies
2 cloves minced garlic (I used garlic powder)
Pepper to taste
2 cans of biscuits (I used Bisquick to make them)


Directions:
In a large pot pour in the chicken stock and set temperature to high. Place chicken in the pot and boil until cooked through. 
Set chicken to the side as to not over cook. 
Put veggies in the pot along with the cream of mushroom soup, garlic, and pepper to taste. Let stew for 15 minutes.
Open canned biscuits and cut in halves (or if you like them smaller, quarters). Slowly drop biscuits into the stewing veggies. Let cook until biscuits are cooked through (about 25-30 minutes). Make sure to not OVER cook. 
Once the biscuits are cooked through add the chicken back in and serve immediately!



Caution! These dumplings are hot and delicious! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment