Monday, December 9, 2013

Cranberry Chocolate Chip Muffins

Cranberries. These bad boys are normally on my list of things to buy at the grocery store (mostly because I can never find them). But you know me; I had a craving one day for cranberry muffins. A craving that wouldn't go away.
So, off to the store I went with one mission in mind: cranberries. I'm just kidding. I walked into the store, forgot what I came for and almost walked back out to my car until I saw them in the produce on my way out. Oops. 
I almost missed out on these delicious and filling muffins!



Don't these beauties look divine (minus the poor picture quality)?
The answer is yes, yes they do.

On with the recipe!


Cranberry Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2 cups flour
2 tbs baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup granulated white sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla 

Preheat over to 350 degrees.
  1. In a food processor, pulse cranberries until broken down and coarsely chopped. 
  2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. 
  3. In another bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
  4. Once throughouly combined, add in the flour mixture. 
  5. Fold in cranberries and chocolate chips. Do not over mix. 
  6. In a lined or greased muffin tin, spoon in batter to fill the cup 3/4 of the way full. 
  7. Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until top are golden brown and a tester toothpick can be inserted and come out cleanly. Let cool 5 minutes before placing on cooling rack.
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment