Monday, December 9, 2013

Chili

I (luckily and for once in a very long while) had an actual day off. Like a wear your PJs and watch six episodes of Dexter in a row kind of day. IT WAS AWESOME. But at about two o'clock, I get a text from my husband: "You know what sounds really really good???? .... Chili!"

Oh gosh. I hated chili growing up. I mean, don't get me wrong. My mom has one of the best chili recipes in the world (she may have a fan club) but I just never liked it. But then again, I am a very picky eater

So, I respond to my husbands begging text with a "Let me get on Pinterest." By the time he got home that night there was a steaming bowl of chili on the table waiting for him. Surprisingly he loved it. Surprisingly  I loved it. It also helps that I had everything I needed in my pantry already. That makes me love it even more.




Chili

For four servings. Feeding a crowd? Double it. 

Ingredients:
1 lb ground meat
1 1/2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
1/2 to 1 onion diced
1/2 green bell pepper diced
1 tbs chili powder
1 tbs garlic powder or 1 clove of garlic minced
1/2 tbs oregano
pepper to taste


Directions:
Brown meat along with the onion and green pepper. Add spices. Drain if necessary. 
Transfer meat and veggies to a large pot. Add in tomatoes and sauce. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer. Cover and let cook for 45 minutes to 1 hour stirring occasionally. 
In the mean time, prepare your toppings like corn bread, crackers, cheese, etc. 
Spoon into bowls, top, and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment