Monday, December 9, 2013

DIY Flower Monogram

I planned on doing this project about two months ago when the leaves were first turning colors and it was still fall. I made this when it was sleeting last week. I'm a little late but you can make this with festive holiday flowers as well. 
I first saw this project on Pinterest (of course) and fell in love. The good folks over at Urbanic Paper did a much better job that I did. Take a look at their tutorial. And if you aren't afraid of an xacto knife like I am, you will have much better luck than I did. 


I first took a bunch of fall-ish flowers and cut the long stems off so that these were short enough to glue or stick into my cardboard letter. 


I then cheated and instead of cutting completely off one side I just punctured holes in it with a pair of scissors. I bent what was left of the wire stemming from the flower and bent then hooked it on the inside of the "B". 



Progress.... I probably should have painted the letter if I was going to do this but I didn't plan that far ahead with this one. 


Finished product! It looks really good against the snowy background doesn't it! It will better when fall comes back around next year BUT this would be really cute to have all of the seasons done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment